Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Well, as you can see, we didn't get too far. This is the entrance to the field. I didn't make the turn and the snow mobile tipped on its side causing Rick and I to fall off. The problem being that I stuck my foot out trying to keep it from turning over. The snow kept it from moving and I fell sideways, twisting my knee. I thought I had broken it. It took some manuvering to straighten my leg. Then I wondered how we were going to get help. I said to Rick, "Rick, you are going to have to go get someone to help us." I wasn't sure what he could do, but I prayed as he left that God would guide him. And sure enough, shortly he came back with Richard, the man of the house, and another man. They brought a sled for me to sit on instead of sitting in the cold snow. And Sally called 911. Here she is talking to the EMT's and giving them directions and taking theirs.



After a long afternoon at the ER, we finally made it home about 5:50 pm. We were planning to meet Rick's cousin, Jackie, and her husband, Jerry, for dinner. But after I made it up the stairs into the house, all I wanted to do was sit in the lounge chair and rest. So we didn't make it out to eat.








This picture shows the splint that was put on my leg to keep me from bending or twisting my knee in the wrong way.











And here is Rick resting after a long day. That is Turbo on the couch with him.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home