Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Conversation with Tamara about "On Moving to Kernersville"

Tamara: Wow, Mom...I'm sorry he said those things to you.
Joyce: That's ok. I need to get him to talk. I can't get him to tell me his feelings. And when I did this is the way they came out.
Tamara: But I do believe this is the first of a long line of things to come in which you are going to have to make decisions for him--he can't be "in charge" anymore.
Joyce: I believe that he is being healed and that it will be manifested in the flesh in God's timing.
Tamara: I understand that-- I believe that in the meantime, while we wait for the manifestation of that healing--you need to understand the disease and what it will do to Dad. And you need to be able to be proactive towards that--and part of that is being in a place that's easier to take care of and where you're close to family who can help you take care of dad.
Joyce: That is what I told dad today.
Tamara: Really? How did you say it?
Joyce: I told him that you girls want us to move closer so that you can help us more easily as we need it. That in the normal course of the disease there would be more and more need for assistance. And even though we are claiming his healing you girls want us to plan for the future that might be there.
Tamara: Which is why I don't understand why he would have said anything about divorce--what does he think? That he could make it on his own? He's lost without you, and he would do well to be aware of that and thank God for you every day. Not make you feel as though you're the burden to him.
Joyce: I know that that is part of the disease. He feels attacked and so he strikes back.
Tamara: Well, I agree.
Joyce: Daddy was very apologetic at the end of our conversation
Tamara: That's good. I'm glad he was.
Tamara: I think that God allows testing in our lives, and uses it as a chance to teach us a lesson.
Tamara: I'm sure Faith is a big enough lesson in and of itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home