Wednesday, June 21, 2006

God's Provisions

The anxiety attacks seem to be getting worse. I haven't been able to figure out why they come. We have increased Rick's Xanax up to .75 mg 3 x d. But it doesn't seem to help. He still has the attacks.

I was looking at the online Bible that Lifeway.com provides free. I was trying to find a scripture that would be a good one to put on my email signature. I came across Romans 16:20, "And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen." This verse seemed to jump out at me. It was what I needed to hear. I printed it out and taped it to my computer and my bathroom mirror. I thank God that I can stand on His promises.

Last week, Rose, one of the ladies at our church that we have known for a long time, called me and said she was up a good part of the night thinking about having a special prayer time for Rick. She wanted to know what I thought about it. She said she had already discussed it with the Pastor and he was all for it. I was excited about it. It seemed that God was answering my prayers. We decided to have the prayer time Tuesday, June 20, at 9:00 pm. She felt that maybe everyone would be winding down from their daily activities and could spend 5 minutes in prayer for Rick. So it was put into the church bulletin Sunday and also announced from the pulpit. Several people called others outside of the church to pray for Rick and I emailed everyone in my address book.

Last night, there were 15 people who came to our house to anoint Rick with oil, lay hands on him and pray for him. This is in accordance with James 5:13-15, "Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick."

We also stood on Matthew 18:18-20, "Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where tow or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them." Mark 11:22-24, Have faith in God. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, Be removed and be cast into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. There fore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them." I Peter 2:24, Who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness--by how stripes you WERE healed."

Our prayer time lasted longer than the 5 minutes called for. It was a great time of reaching out to God our healer and seeking His face. We believe that in God's timing the manifestation of Rick's healing will be seen. Praise God!

Yesterday morning I took Rick to get his blood drawn for a Dilantin level. This was to be done 6 weeks after we increased his Dilantin. This morning, I got a call from the doctor's office saying it was 34.3. The normal therapeutic range is supposed to be 10-20. So he was way over. We have to decrease his dosage back to where we originally had it. Dr Pearce is away on vacation this week so I couldn't talk to him. My question is: Can this high level of Dilantin be causing Rick's anxiety attacks? I decided to talk to Dr Pearce's physician assistant, Rich Lowder. He said that it is highly possible that it is causing the anxiety, twitching, confusion and the like. I am very anxious to get him down to the proper level and see if we get rid of the anxiety. I am excited to think that we have found a cause for this and maybe we can leave off the Xanax.

We are leaving to go to Vermont Friday. There will be 7 of us traveling up to see Rick's sister, Bev and her family. This is where Rick grew up. We are hoping this will be a very good trip for Rick. We are planning on horse back riding and alpine sliding and having a wonderful time with our family we don't get to see very often.

Thanks again for all your prayers. It is only through the grace of God that we are able to carry on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home