Saturday, April 02, 2011

Seizure, first since February 2010

Rick had a grand mal seizure this morning, Saturday, April 02, 2011. It was at 7:47 am before he had taken his morning medication.
He seized for about 30-60 seconds and then went into a deep snoring sleep for about 15 minutes. Then he would try to get up and then sleep for awhile, repeating. I was finally able to get him in the bed at 8:14. Then he slept pretty good until 9:24 when he got restless and I took him to the bathroom.

I gave him his Keppra and Topamax at about 9:40 am. He chewed them but didn’t swallow them. I was finally able to get him to swallow a little bit. I’m not sure how much he actually got down. Most of it I think. I guess I won’t give him any more until evening.

He’s awake again at 10:18 acting restless.

I really want to work on his medications. I don’t want to keep him on the Topamax. But it looks like he needs something to control his seizures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home