Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Conversation with Cheryl about "On Moving to Kernersville"

Cheryl: So when you say Dad was thinking a little more positively, what do you mean? Was he ok with moving again or just not thinking about divorce?
Joyce: I think he is ok with the move. But he is never going to like it.
Cheryl: I think it's just going to have to happen and he'll get used to it over time. Of course, it's going to have to happen when he is ok with it and not totally opposed to it.
Joyce: I think he just constantly needs reinforcement of the positive
Cheryl: Yep. I also think part of the problem is thinking about everything that you are wanting to sell or get rid of. We've got to be careful how we talk about things like that. I was afraid of the way you were talking about it with him the other night at our house and how he was responding to it.
Joyce: Well, I asked him about our two dining room sets this morning. I guess that is what started the whole conversation. Of course, he couldn't even figure out which one is his grandmother's. I had to remind him.
Cheryl: That figures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home