Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Not much sleep

Last night Rick was great. Very responsive. Making jokes, laughing. He ate his peanut butter and jelly sandwich in the car without a problem. We went to a meeting and he interacted with the people there. We came home and ate a better supper. He went to bed without difficulty.

But he was up in about an hour. Then he was up at 1, 2, and 3 am. So I decided to give him a Xanax. I kept putting it off because I thought he would go on to sleep and stay there. But finally I decided I needed to sleep so I gave him one. He slept the rest of the night.

He woke up this morning with the alarm at 6 am. He isn’t as alert today as yesterday. He seems to be out of it. A blank stare, not responding much. I got him dressed without difficulty and he ate his breakfast well. Just no laughing and joking or actual recognition in his eyes. I’m not sure if the Xanax did that? If that is the case, I don’t want to give it to him again. Maybe I need to c\decrease it also. I can break the pill in half. It is a 1 mg tablet.

I got a note from Lynn, RN at the center today:

Hello Joyce,

Wanted to let you know Rick had a very good day! He ate 75% of his lunch and has been smiling and talkative.

Thanks,

Lynn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home