Thursday, January 08, 2009

Seizure like episodes

This morning Rick woke up with the alarm at 6 am. We didn’t get out of bed until about 6:15. Rick went to the bathroom and then I noticed him having one of those little spells. Just a cough (not really) and a start. I put him back to bed and was able to get myself dressed. Then even in the bed he continued to have those spells. He got restless and very sweaty. He didn’t want to stay in the bed, but I kept him there. He got up once to go to the bathroom again. He said, “I’ve got to get out of here.” So I figured he needed to go. He didn’t do very much, so we went back to bed.

By this time Chantel, home health aide, was here to give him his bath. But that didn’t happen.

Rick stayed this way until 7:45 am. He acted like he needed to get up. I asked him if he needed to go to the bathroom. He said, “Yes.” So we went. He emptied his bladder this time. Then he went back to bed and went to sleep.

Oh, I forgot to say that I gave him his meds at 7 am. So probably they were taking effect by this time.

The entire time he was having these little spells. He would settle down for a short time and then get restless again. This was going on from 6:15 to 7:45 am.

I start work at 11:30 am today so we will see if I can take him to the center later this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home