Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Update continued


This morning when I went to see Rick, Leslie already had him up on the toilet and he had peed. He ate all of his food. They haven’t had any thickened juice so I’ve had to go ask for regular juice for him the last 2 days. He drank all of his prune juice and orange juice. I tried to give him the thickened milk (or whatever it was – maybe Mighty Shake) and he didn’t swallow it. He would hold it in his mouth. He walked well this morning from the bedroom to the dining room without any difficulty. Standing up straight and looking at people in passing.

The sore on his right arm is a hard knot today. I’m not sure what it is. While we were eating the lab tech came in saying she had to draw his blood for a CBC and blood cultures. I spoke to Angelica, who said that she noticed the knot yesterday and told the doctor about it. The doctor ordered the culture. It seems that I’m the last one to know what is happening, when I should be the first one to know. But then I’m glad they are checking into it.  (Angelica said “I’m glad you are here. Otherwise I was going to have to call you today to tell you about this.”)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home