Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 5

Rick is improving! Praise the Lord! Yesterday morning, he ate his breakfast well. He was alert, no fever. Last evening when I got there he was restless in the bed. I got him up to the bathroom. He was already wet but also voided in the toilet. I had him stand up so that I could wash him up a little bit. He did well for that. He was rather unstable on his feet, so I put him back in the bed when we were through. He ate all of his supper and drank all of his liquids. Occasionally, he would choke a little on it, but on the whole he did very well. He was sleeping when I got there this morning. But he woke up alert. We went into the bathroom and I set him on the toilet. I went out to fix his bed and after a little while he got up of his own accord and walked out into the room. I washed him up and dressed him and walked him down the hall to the dining room to feed him his breakfast. He is still unsteady on his feet. He leans away from me while I’m holding him. So if I let go he would fall. He ate well while I was there. I felt he might do better if he was sitting up at the table instead of laying back in his bed. And I believe that was the case. I only had 15 minutes left to feed him after getting him washed and dressed, so the CNA had to finish him up. I plan to go back for supper tonight. I think he is on the uphill climb now. I am so thankful to God for his healing. The pastor and elders from our church are going to come over tonight to anoint him with oil and pray for him. Thank you all for your prayers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home