Monday, May 14, 2012

The Prayer of Faith

I came back after work to see Rick and feed him. He was eating with the speech therapist. He was doing well. He got a little fidgety and I wondered if he needed to go to the bathroom, so we left in the middle of eating. It was a pretty long walk back to his room to go to the bathroom. Then we went back and he finished all of his supper and 2 glasses of drink. He started holding it in his mouth and not swallowing. So we decided he had had enough. We went back to his room.
I helped Rick lay down on the bed to rest for a little while. I had asked Pastor on Sunday if the elders of the church could come pray for Rick according to James 5:14-15, “Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.” I wish you could have seen Rick’s face when he saw the men from the church come in to pray for him. He just lit up and smiled and chuckled. I felt he was almost ready to cry. You could tell he knew who they were, whether mentally or spiritually or both. The men prayed for him and he stood right there and let them. There was a word spoken from the Lord over Rick. “Rick, you are my son. I love you. I have not forgotten you. I am with you and will never leave you or forsake you. No one will take you out of my hand.” Jack Chandler said, “I knew it wasn’t meant to register in his mind but in his spirit.”
I am so appreciative of these men who took time to come pray with Rick and anoint him with oil. Pastor Byerly, Jeremy Fisher, Dan Alwine, Gerald Proctor, Ken Spencer, Patrick Glover, Jack Chandler. Seven – the perfect number, the number of completion and perfection. Thank you from the depths of my heart!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home