Sunday, November 19, 2006

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!

I have been so busy. I haven't done too well keeping up with this blog.

Rick has been wearing the patches faithfully, but I haven't seen much change. People at church say they think is seems more alert. I guess I'm too close to see it. I have noticed that he is eating better. It used to be that he would eat everything I put on his plate. So if I put a lot on it he would eat a lot. Then it got so that I would have to keep him focused on eating. He would stop and I would have to remind him to eat. Then he got so that he wouldn't eat much at all. He lost weight and his pants were large on him. Now he is eating everything on his plate and then getting seconds too. Sometimes he has eaten thirds. He has put back on some weight to where his pants are fitting him better again.

Rick went to Vermont to be with his sister, Bev, again while Erin and I went on a cruise. He left on Nov 4 and flew alone from Raleigh to Boston non stop. I wasn't sure how this was going to work but he seemed to do great. I was able to go with him onto the plane, help him find his seat and buckle him in. I talked to the flight attendant and she took care of him. Bev picked him up at the gate and he seemed to be fine.

He had a great time up there. I asked him if he was having fun. He said, "Well, it isn't all fun." Bev told me she and he were cleaning the barnyard. I guess this is what he was talking about. But I know he enjoyed doing this kind of work again. This has been his life for 60 years. And now where we live he hasn't been able to do that any more.

He flew home Tuesday, November 14, and again did great. I don't think he had a worry. I picked him up at the gate in Raleigh. He said, "You are a good sight for sore eyes." :o)

Erin and I had a wonderful time on our cruise. My sister, Cindy's husband, Darrell, works for Primeir Christian Cruises, and was able to get a good deal for the Girl's Get A Way cruise to Freeport and Nassau. There were many Christian artists and speakers on the ship and it was a very nice atmosphere. We really enjoyed this time. It was good to get away and forget about the worries and concerns back home for 5 days.

Two days before the cruise, I found out that my job was in jeoprody. The big MS doctor here in Winston-Salem, who writes more Betaseron prescriptions than anyone else in the country, decided that he didn't like me and doesn't want me to work with his patients anymore. This was a big blow. So the cruise was good for me to get away and get my head on straight. I have realized that God is my source, not my job. He has a plan for me and He is working all things together for my good. I still have not heard anything definite yet. But I am working until I am told differently. Praise the Lord, I still have a job for now. If I loose it, I know He has something else for me that will be as good and even better.

Cheryl had her baby Wednesday, November 15, 2006. Jacob Reese was born at 9:55 pm weighing in at 7 lbs 1 oz and is 20 1/2 inches long. He looks like his dad and Emma. I will be putting pictures on the blog so you can see our first boy in the Rick Coburn family. We are very proud of him.

Cheryl delivered at home with her family around her. She was a real trouper with only 6 hours of labor total. We are proud of her. As she looks back on it she is happy she did it this way instead of going into the hospital.

Both she and the baby are doing fine.

Well, Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner. We will be leaving Wednesday to go up to Troutville, VA to my dad's for Thanksgiving. This is the Hightower tradition. It is always good to get together will all of the family.

Will try to write again after Thanksgiving. Have a great and blessed day. We do thank God for all of his many blessings. God is good all of the time!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home