Saturday, January 31, 2009

Seizure like episode

This morning we woke up at 8:15. Rick got up and went into the bathroom and then turned around to come back out. I got him and helped him to the toilet. He started peeing before he actually got seated.

When he got up he wasn’t acting normal. He didn’t want to move his feet. He took baby steps. I finally got him back over to the bed and sat him down to put his slippers on. His eyes were glassy and he was having body jerks, his arm, leg, etc. He had not had his meds yet. He had just gotten up. So I decided we needed to get to the kitchen for breakfast. With much effort I got him to walk down the hall. When we got to the steps he wouldn’t budge. I put my arm around his waist and his hand on the rail and pulled him down, moving his feet one at a time. We finally got down. He seemed to have something in his mouth to spit out so I took him to the sink but he wouldn’t spit. So I put him down in the roller chair and pushed him up to the table. He continued to shake badly this whole time and his eyes were glassy. So I decided it was not a good idea to eat or take pills. So I pulled him into the living room and transferred him into his lounge chair. I was then able to give him his medicine crushed in maple syrup. This was about 8:45 am. In a little bit he looked at me with a normal expression on his face and smiled. Then he went to sleep and is sleeping now. 9:45 am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home