Friday, January 09, 2009

Two seizures in the same morning

4:30 am

Rick woke up very agitated. I took him to the bathroom and then got him back in bed. He started having those little spells. I kept him as still as I could in the bed. This went on for about an hour. He seemed to settle down a little and I thought he was getting better. Then he got agitated again and went into a full blown seizure. He jerked for about 30 seconds and then went into the deep snoring breathing for about 5 minutes. Then he moved a little and went back to sleep breathing deeply but not the heavy snoring. (5:34 am) He would try to get up but go right back to sleep with heavy breathing and some snoring. He had 4 Dilantin yesterday. One at breakfast (7 am) one about 10 am and 2 at supper (7pm)

During the first part of this time when he seemed to be calming down, he started crying and said, “I hurt for her.” Many times he would look at me and smile. At 5:50 am he wet the bed. I got him up to the bathroom and he voided some more. I was able to rig the bed so he could get back in it. Then he went to sleep.

He woke up at go to the bathroom at 8 am. I had to go to a doctor’s appt so Chantel, the HHA, stayed with him. She took him back to bed after he finished in the bathroom. He slept about 15 minutes and got up again. She was able to wash him and get him dressed and get his breakfast. She gave him his morning pills about 8:30 or 9:00 am. He started having his little spells. She called me on my cell phone asking what to do. I told her she could take him to his chair in the living room. So she did that but before he got there he had another full blown seizure, jerking, and heavy breathing with snoring. By the time I got home she had been able to get him up in his chair. He woke up and we tried to get him up to the bedroom. He couldn’t pick his feet up to go up the steps. So we took him back to the couch in the living room. He’s been sleeping there ever since. It is 10:45 now. He woke up at 11:30 and seemed to be pretty normal. He went to the bathroom without trouble walking up the steps.

He has slept but now he is walking around. Rick and Crystal have invited us to go to supper tonight. I think we will try to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home