Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Africa Day 7

February 2, 2010
I didn’t sleep well last night. I was on 2 air mattresses and that made it hard to stay on it. My sleeping bag kept wrapping around me as I would turn over. I would get too hot. Next year I will bring a mattress pad, fitted sheet, flat sheet and a blanket. I took one of the mattresses off and I hope I will sleep better tonight. The other thing is that when I was awake I listened to the noises. I heard Zebra, Wildabeast, and doves.
Took a “shower” this morning. The water didn’t come out of the shower head. I finally had to use the faucet at the lower part of the shower and just wash up. The shower beside me worked fine. They have really have fixed this place up since they first started. This is the first year with the permanent showers and choos.
We had hard boiled eggs, some type of bacon, spam, fruit, and toast for breakfast. We went to a school to teach the children about Jesus. Lori Loomis did a wonderful job of telling the salvation story. She is so animated. We gave out salvation bracelets, candy and New Testaments to those who could read. Every child raised their hand for salvation and repeated the sinners prayer. How special!
Had chicken, rice, cabbage, sauce for rice for lunch. Went to another school this afternoon. They had 600 students. We had the bracelets and candy for all of them but ran out of New Testaments.
Came back to camp and took a short nap. That was very helpful. Now we are waiting for supper. It was the hottest today yet, but it is cooling down some now. A breeze is blowing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home