Thursday, April 07, 2011

Medication Change

Rick had his first dose of Depakote 500mg last night. His last dose of Topamax was yesterday morning. We didn’t get home last night until 10:15 so he didn’t get his Depakote until about 10:30 along with 2 melatonin. HE SLEPT ALL NIGHT!!! I had to wake him up this morning at 6:40 am. What a wonderful night’s sleep.

So I’m not sure if it was the Depakote or the fact that he walked around the church sanctuary for 1.5 hrs before we went home that helped him to sleep so good. But I don’t remember the last time he slept all night. I have felt it was great if he just woke up once in the night.

He did have one small start this morning. I hope that will stop soon. Is depakote cumulative?

From Valerie,RN, with Dr. Boggs, neurologist,
The Depakote will take about 5-7days to fully stabilize in his system but he may be a little groggy the first few days as he becomes accustomed to it--so you may see that he does sleep more soundly as a result.


From Lynn, RN, at TWADC at 1:42 pm
Rick has had a very good day thus far. (I hope I am not sending this prematurely) He has been active and smiling at everyone. He seemed rested and showed no stress in his face this morning. Many people made comments about it. Hopefully, the Depakote is the key. If I see any changes I will let you know. 
Thanks,
Lynn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home