Thursday, January 05, 2006

Cheryl took Rick to Church

Cheryl called with her experience last night taking Rick to church.

When he went out to get into her car he followed her around to her side of the car. She told him to go to the other side of the car. He walked past the passenger door and she had to get out to show him which door to use. He ended up walking completely around the car to finally get into the passenger seat.

Then as she pulled out of the driveway, Rick said, “I forgot to give her a kiss. I’ve been waiting all day to give her a kiss.” Cheryl said, “Why don’t you blow her a kiss.” He then opens the door and whistles for me. Cheryl said, “She can’t hear you, Dad.” So she backed up and came back to the driveway and opened the garage door. (I heard the garage door open and went downstairs immediately to see what they needed.) Cheryl thought that Rick would just kiss me through the window. But no. He got out of the car and put his arms around me and kissed me. Then he was content to go to church.

(The interesting thing is that he had kissed me in the house several times before Cheryl had gotten there.)

On the way to church, Cheryl asked Rick how his day went. He replied, “We were to more full … ca-pa-see … capacity. There were more people at the mental … center.” (First time we’ve heard him call the Senior Center the ‘mental center”.)

When they arrived at the church, Rick followed Cheryl down the hall to the Rainbows class where she left Emma. Usually he would go into the sanctuary and sit down. Then they went together to the sanctuary. Cheryl said Rick was fine there but seemed not to focus and was fidgety, changing positions frequently and fiddling with his glasses.

After church was over they went to pick up Emma and then came home. On the way Cheryl yawned and said, “I’m tired.” Rick said, “Me too. I’m worried about if I will have a way in the house tonight.” Cheryl told him that I was at home and he should be able to get in without a problem. He said, “Oh really? That’s a relief.” And then he relaxed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home