Monday, January 30, 2006

Sunday, January 29, 2005

Well, I found out that regular coffee at night is not a good idea. Last night at the party Rick wanted coffee with his dessert. So I went to get some and all they had was regular. I figured Rick usually slept well so I wouldn't worry about the caffine. He didn't even drink the whole cup. But last night he didn't sleep well. He was up several times through out the night. He woke up even before I got to bed and was pulling up the covers on the bed. Remind me to never give Rick regular coffee in the evening again!

Today was church. Rick does so well at church. He sings on the praise and worship team in front of the congregation. He seems to get all of the words to the songs. The worship leaders are very patient with him and get his music together for him. Then we sit down for the sermon. Rick usually gets bored and slouches over in his seat with his chin on his chest and seems to go to sleep. He actually did go to sleep this morning, and his hand fell causing him to wake up suddenly. He looked over at the person sitting next to him and grinned sheepishly. Then I saw his foot moving and his arms were trembling. I think it embarressed him.

Tonight we went to Erin's church. The speaker was rather boring but Rick seemed to be interested in his entire 45 min sermon. He didn't go to sleep at all. During the praise and worship time there was altar ministry and the pastor anointed Rick with oil and prayed for him. Praise the Lord. He also anointed me and prayed for me. He prophesied saying, "It isn't over yet!" I believe he is saying Rick's and my ministry isn't finished yet. That God still has a plan for our lives. Praise the Lord!!! I am still believing for Rick's total and complete recovery.

Rick has been going to bed at 9:00 pm every evening. And he sleeps until about 6:30 am the next morning. It used to be we would watch the 9:00 movie on the Hallmark channel together. Now I am watching it by myself. Well, tonight when we got home we watched "The River Is Wide", a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie. It was a very good movie. Rick watched it all the way through with me and when it was over he exclaimed, "That was very good!" I'm glad he was able to enjoy it with me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

Weird, isn't it, that he falls asleep for his church and stays awake for Erin's? Who's the boring speaker? The preacher?

5:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, interesting that he paid attention for the whole lesson Wednesday night 020106. Pastor teaches for a good hour on Wednesday nights.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home