Thursday, January 26, 2006

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Today, being Thursday, is Rick's day at home. We took Kasee into the Vet to be spayed. When we got to the vet I heard Rick say to Kasee, "I hate this." Then I realized that he was thinking about the last visit to the vet with Erin's dog, Blaize. We had to have Blaize put down and it was a very hard time for Rick and Erin. So I then explained to Rick again what we were taking Kasee to the vet for. I told him she was going to have surgery and we would be bringing her home this afternoon. It seemed to sink in then and I saw him relax.

After it got warmer, we went out to put stakes in the fence so Kasee won't get out. Kasee crawls out under the chain linked fence. This was a good exercise for Rick. I would decide where the stake needed to be and Rick would hammer it into the ground catching the fence and holding it in place. Then we came in and ate.

After watching Diagnosis Murder, I asked Rick if he would like to go rake in the yard. There are plenty of leaves to rake. He doesn't acomplish much but it gives him something to do. He had been out there only a short time, maybe 10 min and he came back in the house. I am trying to get him to keep his outdoor shoes in the basement and change into his slippers for the house. So I went to be sure he had changed. He hadn't. I asked him if he was finished out in the yard. He said "Maybe, maybe not." I had a hold of his arm and he said, "Please let go of my arm." I did. He couldn't tell me what he wanted to do. I knew he was upset with me and I tried to get him to tell me what was wrong. He would say, "I'm not going to be somebody's...." And that is as far as he could get. I kept asking him what he wanted to say, but he couldn't get past, "I'm not going to be somebody's..." Then finally he said, "I'll do...." and that is all he would say. Finally he just went down stairs and back out side.

I know it is frustrating for him that he can't say what he is thinking becuase it sure is frustrating for me that he can't. We can't have a normal conversation much less a normal arguement. :0) :0(

We brought Kasee home today about 4:00 pm. She would just barely move. We had to pull her to get her to go anywhere. We had to pick her up to get her in the car. And then pull her out of the car when we got home. Her eyes are very blood shot. We left her down stairs in the garage on her pallet thinking she wouldn't want to walk upstairs. When we went back down to check on her she was up in Rick's dad's arm chair. So she could move if she wanted to. After supper we went down to give her her pain pill and see if she wanted to go out. She didn't want to move. So I got some water for her and left. We checked in just a few minutes and she was up on her feet, had drunk some water and went out side for us. She did her necessary business and came back in. This time I put a sheet over the easy chair so it would be protected. She is down for the night now.

It is about time for Walker, Texas Ranger, to come on the Hallmark channell. I guess I will go watch that with Rick.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

I know what he feels like. I felt bad about having to go back to our vets after our lab, Gypsy Joe died. It not a pleasant place to be at times but a necessary place for our furry friends.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Tamara said...

Maybe he thought he was being given chores and didn't like it???

Well, the good news is, you can't have an arguement.

Is it odd that Kasee would be home so soon? No overnight?

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home