Tuesday, May 19, 2009

No More Seizures

Rick is doing fairly well now. He isn’t a zombie. He is much more alert and talkative. He is eating well. It seems the Topamax is working. He hasn’t had any more indications of seizures. Praise the Lord!

He seems to have some hallucinations. It has been hard for me to tell if he has had any before this since he doesn’t talk much. But he wakes up in the night with a start and is very anxious. I can usually calm him down quickly and he goes back to sleep. He sleeps all night except for these occasions and that is usually only once a night.

This morning on the way to the center, He started saying “Oh! Oh! Oh no!” over and over, slapping his leg. I asked him what was wrong. Of course he couldn’t tell me. But he looked at me with a frown on his face like something terrible was wrong. I wondered if he was hallucinating then. I need to ask Valerie to ask Dr Bell it this could be a side effect of Topamax.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home