Sunday, June 07, 2009

Going down on med too faxt?

So Rick has been down to 75 mg Topamax since Friday. That’s Friday morning, Friday night, Saturday morning and Saturday night, and this morning (Sunday). We finally got home and settled down to watch some TV about 4 pm or 4:30 pm. Rick slept most of the time I was watching. About 5:30 pm, he started talking like sleep talking. He was calling the name of Jesus. He has done this before and I didn’t pay a lot of attention to it. I kept looking at him every little bit but didn’t get alarmed. Then about 5:45 pm I looked at him and his hand was stretched out and he was jerking a little bit. He was still talking and would even respond to me when I talked to him. But he didn’t open his eyes. He was a little stiff. It took about 30 minutes for him to get back to normal. I guess this was probably a petite mal seizure. He finally woke up enough for me to take him to the bathroom. But he didn’t do anything. I put him in the bed after taking off his clothes. He didn’t go to sleep. I sat on the bed beside him talking to him. He said some things that didn’t make much sense. He smiled at me and said my name. But I’m not sure if he was calling my Joyce or talking about me. I finally got him up to have supper and I gave him his pills. I gave him 100mg Topamax tonight. He finally got back to his normal self. Maybe I went down too fast. I will talk to the doctor tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home