Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weekend issues - no doctor to talk to!

It seems that if anything is going to happen it happens on the weekend when I don’t have anyone to call.

Saturday we left the house about 11:30 or so and made a couple of stops. Then we went to Tamara’s house because we were going to go to lunch with them. While we were sitting there waiting to go, Rick started having some of his little ‘starts’. They just continued on and on in fairly rapid succession. I was afraid to have him even get up from the couch; much less take him out to a restaurant. I didn’t know what to do, but finally remembered that I still had a Topamax 25 mg in my purse, so I gave that to him. In about an hour he was slowing down and we went out to eat. He was better the rest of the day. That was about 12 noon to 1:30 pm.

Today, Sunday, we got up about 6:00 am. I gave him a shower and got him dressed for church. He sat in a chair while I showered and dressed. We ate breakfast at 8 am, which is when I usually give him his morning meds. We were ready to leave for church at 8:45 am. I got him in the car and he was beginning to have the ‘starts’ again. I decided I didn’t want to wait any longer, so I gave him another 25 mg of Topamax. We got to church and I was afraid to have him walk down the flight of stairs to our Sunday School class room, so drove around to the back which is a ground level entrance. He slowly calmed down during SS. He napped during that time and when it was over at 10:45 am, he was fine. He has been fine the rest of the day.

I need some help knowing what to do. I just used the Topamax because it is what I have on hand and I felt he needed something. I am worried about sending him to the center tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home