Friday, January 06, 2006

Joyce: January 5, 2006

Yesterday was a better day. Rick was at the Senior Center all day. That helped give me some relief.

I picked him up early because he had an appointment with the neurosurgeon at 3 pm. That seemed to be a waste of time. The doctor told us that the very small amount of hemorrhage he had did not need surgery and so his services were not needed. We knew that in the hospital. I don’t understand why we needed to see him. He wasn’t able to help me with any of my questions. Except that he said the small hemorrhage that Rick had would not cause any residual problems. I told him that Rick did have residual problems but he said they were not from the hemorrhage. He said it didn’t matter if the hemorrhage came first and caused the seizure or if the seizure caused the fall causing the hemorrhage. The fact is that Rick doesn’t need surgery. He said that the residual problems that Rick is having is neurological and we need to follow up with a neurologist. Of course, I told him that we did have an appointment with Dr. Pearce.
When we got home, Tamara and Mara were here. That was nice because Rick had others to be attentive to besides me.

After they left and I was getting supper, Rick said to me, “Well, after I cried myself to sleep last night.” I said, “I’m sorry you cried yourself to sleep.” I hugged and kissed him. (It was minutes in between the things he said.) Then he said, “So I told Debbie about my feelings.” I said, “What feelings did you tell her about? You won’t even tell me what your feelings are.” He laughed and said, “About how I’m missing you.” I said, “But I haven’t gone anywhere. I’m right here.” He laughed again. He said, “She told me that I could come over any time I wanted to.” I said, “Come over where?” He said, “To her house.” I said, “She said you could come over to her house?” He said, “Yes, Now I know I have a place to go if I need to.” I said, “As if you can’t come here.” He just laughed. I decided I would call today to see if this conversation really happened and exactly what the conversation was. I feel it is not exactly like he said.
Then Cheryl came and took him to church. I felt like I needed to get some more work done since I had been gone all afternoon. That gave me some more respite.

When Rick got home after church, we sat down to watch the Hallmark movie. He seemed to be much more relaxed. He didn’t get up and down like he had been doing over the weekend. We had some cheese and crackers and a bowl of ice cream. He seemed to get involved in the movie, but still went to sleep during it. But then so did I. We both woke up in time to finish it.
He went to bed last night and went right to sleep. I had to take his glasses off his face because he had fallen asleep before taking them off. He didn’t even stir when I took them off. He slept most of the night. Woke up about 5:30 am and I encouraged him to go back to sleep. He did as far as I know. I didn’t wake up again until about 7:15 am. I guess he had gotten up some time because when I got up I saw his pajamas lying in the bathroom. He took them off some time during the night.

Rick Maynard called this morning. He is going to come get Rick to go out to Talmadge Pruitt’s to help work on fences. I sure do appreciate Rick making this effort to give Rick something to do. I know Rick will have a good

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home