Thursday, January 05, 2006

Joyce's Journal January 5, 2006

Today has been a pretty easy day. Rick Maynard came to the rescue. Thursdays are the days that Rick is usually at home. So I was thinking that he was going to be in here with me most of the time. But Rick M. called asking if Rick wanted to hang out with him today. He was going to his father in law, Talmadge’s, to help him work on the fence and thought that Rick would enjoy that. Talmadge is the man who looked after our animals every time we went on vacation. He was a good friend to Rick.

This was a good outing for Rick and I was able to get more work done because I didn’t need to worry about what he was doing. When they came home about 5:30 or so, Rick M. had brought a big ladder and replaced the light bulbs in the spotlights that overlook the driveway. They are located just under the eaves and are 2 stories up. It is sure good to have a light there again. Thank you Rick Maynard.

The lawn mower was parked on the side walk in the back of the house and I wanted to get it out on the driveway. We were walking on the grass to go around the lawn mower to get to the dog’s water and food. It was killing the grass. Well, I tried to start the mower and it would start. Finally I decided to check the gas and sure enough it was empty. So I put some gas in it and tried to start it. It still wouldn’t start for me. So I had Rick M. try to start it. It started right away for him but then died. Then it wouldn’t turn over any more. It must be that I ran down the battery trying to start it on an empty tank. So Rick M and Rick C pushed the lawn mower out to the driveway. I am so glad to get it back where is belongs. We put the tarp over it and Rick M tied it down with bungee straps. Thank you again Rick Maynard. You have been a real blessing to Rick and me.

I am on the pulpit search committee for our church and tonight was our meeting. I haven’t been able to take Rick with me in the past because it was strictly confidential. But I felt that I shouldn’t leave Rick at home by himself, so I called our chairman to see if it would be alright to bring Rick. He said it was fine. So Rick went with me. He just sat and slept most of the time we were there. I’m sure he didn’t remember anything.

After we got home we ate a bit of supper, 10:00 pm. And I came in to check my email and do my journaling. Shortly Rick came in and sat down on the couch. I asked him if he was ready to go to bed. He said, “Any time.” So I got up and got the bed ready for him. I had to remind him of each step of taking off his clothes. I put each item away. Then I held the covers for him to climb in, kissed him good night and told him I would be in in a little while. He said ok and I haven’t noticed him up at all. I am sure he is very tired. He has not had much of a nap all day except at the meeting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home