Monday, April 11, 2011

Hopeful answers

I decided to give Rick another Topamax 25 mg this morning so I could be comfortable with putting him on the bus to go to the Center.
Now I have received this reply from Valerie, Dr Boggs’ nurse:
I spoke w/Dr. Boggs and she feels that we may be on to something good with the Depakote and recommends increasing it to 500mg twice daily. She recommended that we could call in something to use as needed for those times when he has a cluster of "starts" that may work better than the Topamax. Topamax is not really designed to be used on as needed basis. She recommended that I call in Tranxene 3.75mg tablets that you can give him one tablet as needed on a day like you had Sat and Sun to settle down the activity. Hopefully it will settle down with an increase in the Depakote.
Now we will see how this works. I will start giving him the Depakote bid tomorrow morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home