Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Second Week in Nursing Home

Rick is doing better in the nursing home now. He is eating good and apparently drinking good again. The swelling in his feet has gone down a lot now. Sunday, they couldn’t get his good loafers on, his feet were so swollen. He had to wear his sandals.

I think we have gotten his room to look pretty homey. I have washed clothes every day since he has been in there. It seems that they can’t keep him from wetting his pants. I have a meeting tomorrow with the planning group and hope that I can get some of that solved.

I’m leaving Saturday to go to Alaska with Rick’s sister and cousin. I’m really excited about that. I am trying to get Rick all taken care of before I leave. I have put together a schedule of people to go see him every day while I’m gone. Cheryl and another lady are going to take him to church on Sunday’s. I’m going to be gone 4 Sundays in a row. 3 with the Alaska trip and then Labor Day I’m going up to see Tamara in Pittsburgh. So that will be 4 Sundays.

The nurses and CNA’s at the nursing home are all very nice and trying hard to keep him taken care of. One of the nurses told me today that they love Rick. And she said I’m amazing. I guess they don’t have too many residents with family who looks out for their welfare. Anyway, that made me feel better. I’ve made a couple of sheet cakes to take to them tomorrow to show my appreciation for their efforts.

It just takes time to get adjusted to each other.

I thank God for being with Rick during this transition.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nana Lois said...

Wow, Joyce, it's like I'm reading my own story. It brings back so many memories. And, yes, they will think that you are amazing. Facilities don't find that many families that care for their families the way our family cares for its own. And your love will touch many lives in that facility.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home